Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2020

LIFE in WW1

WW1 Paragraph 

life in WW1 wasn't like our life today. It was quite scary some would say, today we feel safer than those days. Those days they didn't feel as safe as we do right now. All they would hear is CRASH, BANG and BOOM.
 The soldiers were striving to do their best for their country. The food rations that they had to eat were only bully beef, bread and dry and hard biscuits. By the winter of 1916 there was such a short supply of flour the bread that they ate was being made with dried ground turnips. The main food was now pea-soup with a few lumps of horsemeat. 

Also an explosion was heard on the battlefield in France and was heard in England. In WW1 journalists risked their lives to report on the war. 12 million letters were delivered to the front line every week.

Questions:  
Do you like learning about WW1?
Do you know anyone that was involved in WW1 either "in" or "living" while WW1 happened?


   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ariella
    From what I can read, you have included some very interesting facts about WWI. Sadly, I cannot read all your writing as it has not been formatted correctly. When you copy your writing from a doc and then try and paste it on your blog, you must press (control, shift, v) at the same time to paste it correctly and this will allow all your words to appear on screen. Could you try it again, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog post Ariella. We talked about the control, shift, v in our workshop...let me know if you need some help with this?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post