Pages

Thursday 7 May 2020

Gobble Gobble my summery about Turkeys!


 One Poultry Bird is a Turkey. The turkey is related to another poultry bird which is the chicken.
It is an ancestor of domesticated turkey which is farmed as a common food for the american market. Turkeys live freely in forests. Sometimes Turkeys get moved to farms to get fed from the crops. Turkeys are one of those birds just like many other birds they just can’t fly even though they have wings. Well they can fly but not too high and not for long it would be safer to stay on ground. Their feathers are dark colors with shades of gold and green. Although they are slimmer than farm turkeys, wild turkeys are prized as game birds. Because of their large body they are hunted by humans. In the past native Americans have caught turkeys for food and their feathers. 



3 comments:

  1. I like the name of your blog. i also like the picture of the turkey. its cool how there are different types of turkeys. such as the domesticated turkey and the wild turkey. it was fun reading you whole blog.
    corinne, my cat says hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tell your cat I say hi :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ariella
    You have completed a great summary on turkeys with lots of interesting information about them! I really liked how you pointed out the difference in the domesticated and wild turkeys. What fact did you enjoy finding out about them?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post